Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chicken Adobo

My first attempt at cooking chicken adobo was almost a failure. I followed Mama's intructions to the letter however, everytime I added sugar (i like my sauce sweeter), the taste got weirder and weirder. So I added more liquid ingredients but it was still weird. Until I realized that what I was putting in was not sugar but salt! To remedy it, I had to throw away the liquid again and start all over with the vinegar, soy sauce and water. The only good thing about cooking the chicken that long was it became more tender that the meat just easily fell right off the bones.

Chicken Adobo

Cut chicken in desirable size. Put in a pot, mix in garlic, black pepper, soy sauce and vinegar. Add just enough water so that you won't dilute the soy sauce and vinegar. Boil until meat is tender. When there is just enough sauce to your own liking, cook in slow fire to remove the excess oil in the meat (remember, it adds to the taste). Put in laurel for added taste and smell. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment