Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vamos a Comer!

Bienvenidos! Vamos a comer!

I am creating this blog to honor my mother who is the greatest cook in the whole world (i know every child says that about their mothers but for me, my mom is the greatest cook!). What created this blog is my email to my friend who was asking for my mom's recipes of Maja Blanca and Broken Cathedral. It was like I was struck by a bolt of lightning, thinking that this blog will be the solution to my long time dream of putting into paper, a book actually, of my mama's recipes. This blog is one "healthy" way of starting that goal. Mind though that all that will be written here are not my mom's originally. As a simple wife with a family to raise (yes, including my dad), she had to resort to copying recipes from her friends and on books or magazines when we were young. Today, I buy her books. I am not actually sure though if she cooks from them. All I know is that my mom loves to cook and she prepares it with much gusto. She may not be the world's best renowned chef, but she is my mom, and she is Our Cook!

Welcome and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment